To help you post content, listings, advertisements, photos or articles (hereinafter "Content") as quickly and efficiently as possible, please follow the guidelines below.
A. Copyrights and trademarks:
- Content cannot infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right.
- Advertisers must have intellectual property rights to the creative material and be permitted to display such creative material.
B. Links, linked domains and listed URL's:
- Must link to the actual URL or domain and must send users to the same landing page when clicked.
- Must be to the same service or company that originated or listed the link.
- Must not promote, or drive traffic to other, or unrelated sites.
- Must be relevant to the service provided, and directly relate to the landing page content.
- Must not contain, link or redirect directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads. Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
- Landing pages cannot use "fake" any behavior (i.e.. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
- Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
- Must be clear as to its true meaning.
- Must be logical, correctly punctuated and grammatically correct.
- Content cannot include excessive capitalization (such as "FREE").
- Offensive, derogatory, false, harassing, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive, threatening, sexual, sexually suggestive or contain adult content is prohibited.
- Hate, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group is prohibited.
Article Submissions (Knowledge Base)
Thank you for your interest. We welcome all article ideas and will enthusiastically consider your submissions. Quality contributors help shape and develop the Counterfeit Report website. Be clear of your intended audience before writing.
- There is no compensation from the Counterfeit Report for submitting content to the website.
- Articles can cover any service topic and must not be self-serving (self-promoting).
- We reserve the right to refuse posting to anyone, but submissions of all types are always welcome.
- The Counterfeit Report will include a reference link to the author's Counterfeit Report profile page unless specifically requested not to do so.
We believe that every part of our site, including the ads, should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. Thus, we are committed to protecting our user experience by keeping the site clean, consistent, and free from misleading advertising.
We may refuse ads at any time, for any reason, including our determination that they promote competing products or services or negatively affect our business or relationship with our users. Failure to correct the ad content will result in removal of the ad, blocking of the advertising account, and forfeiture of all existing (prepaid) ad fees or credits.
- The Counterfeit Report will place ads in a Counterfeit Report "advertisement" block.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, service, or brand that is being advertised.
- Ads will not be permitted in cases where a business model or practice is deemed unacceptable or contrary to the Counterfeit Report overall advertising philosophy.
- Ads, or categories of ads, which receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed in violation of the Counterfeit Report policy or community standards will not be permitted.
Ads cannot contain, facilitate, promote, or reference the following:
- Product advertising, contests and sweepstakes without prior Counterfeit Report approval.
- Scams, illegal activity, or chain letters, get rich quick and other money making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including "work from home" opportunities positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment or promises of monetary gain with no strings attached.
- Adult friend finders or dating sites.
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way.
- Targeting based on a user attribute, such as age, gender, location, or interest, must be directly relevant to the offer, and cannot be done by a method inconsistent with privacy and the Counterfeit Report policies.
How do I add a business "icon", graphic or banner advertisement for my business?
The Counterfeit Report has many graphic & image features to promote your business, products and consumer resources.
- Login to TheCounterfeitReport.com, and use the "My Account" link or the "My Web Profile" link (on the black menu navigation bar) to add text, graphics and icons for your business page.
- You can use any graphic editor to create simple graphics for your home page, or a digital camera (.jpg) photo for a unique business graphic. Images are accepted in the .jpg format only. Use the "update" button to save your changes when you are done.
- A complete product alert and listing business profile is important. Counterfeit Report users learn about you, your business and your products from the information on your listing and profile page. Business profile pages are also displayed by popular search engines; Google, Yahoo, MSN and Bing.
- The Counterfeit Report currently accepts images in the .jpg file format only.
- The Counterfeit Report will appropriately size images to fit their respective container. Submissions or uploads should be 1mb or less.
- Below are the finished (displayed) image sizes.
- Uploaded Photos: 1mb maximum, .jpg format at or larger than the display size.
- To display properly, we recommend images in the standard ratios shown. (3:2 is a standard digital camera format)
- When using comparison photos, real items are always shown on the left, counterfeit items on the right.